If you want to show that you understand the pressures young people are facing and want to help, Sea Cadets is a national partner with local roots.
We're on the ground supporting and inspiring young people across the UK. On the coast. In the cities. And in towns through the country. Our communities are fond of us. Our teenagers need us.
An opportunity with many layers
A partnership with Sea Cadets will be meaningful to your employees with teenagers, who know how difficult life has become for them. It will be a tangible response to a topical issue: the damaging effects of social media on young people who are experiencing anxiety and depression as never before. It will create a workforce of young people with initiative, good social skills, discipline, motivation and perseverance.
There are many ways for you to support us
- Support us through Payroll Giving. Invite us in to tell your staff about what Payroll Giving can do to help struggling teenagers. We can even bring in some cadets to tell their stories themselves.
- Make us your Charity of the Year in the knowledge that we have 400 units across the UK.
- Make your team-building activities count. Refurbish a Sea Cadets unit, or raise money by static rowing the length of Britain, or even undertake a workplace charity challenge like the triathlon, big swim, ride or challenging run.
- Encourage your staff to volunteer at their local Sea Cadets unit.
- Create your own challenge and fundraise for Sea Cadets, contact our Events team to hear more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discuss the above and more, please get in touch with Monika Czechowska from our Strategic Partnerships team at: email@example.com
How your company can help us through Payroll Giving
What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving is a scheme that enables your employees to give to our charity straight from their gross salary (before tax is deducted), and to receive immediate tax relief.
What are the benefits to my business?
Payroll Giving has numerous benefits for businesses, including financial, aiding staff retention and improving CSR.
What are the benefits to our cause?
Payroll Giving provides us with regular, reliable donations that allow them to plan ahead and budget for the future. By signing up to Payroll Giving, you can generate a vital unrestricted income stream to Marine Society and Sea Cadets.
What are the benefits to your employees?
Payroll Giving is an easy, tax-effective way to give to a charity - so it costs employees less to give more. The system is easy to opt in and out of, giving donors full control over their giving. Research also shows that working for a philanthropically minded organisation aids staff retention and happiness.
What do my employees need to do?
All your employees need to do is ask your payroll department to deduct regular charitable donations from their salary by filling out a simple application form, outlining how much they would like to give and to which charities.
How do I sign up the company to Payroll Giving?
- Download a CAF Give As You Earn application pack, and return it by post.
- If this is the first CAF product the company is signing up to, then you will also need to complete an Organisation Registration Form.
- Once the application is received, the CAF Customer Service team will process it and notify in writing when the application has been accepted. They will also send a 11 digit CAF Give As You Earn contract number.
- Once the CAF Give As You Earn contract number is received companies can register to manage Give As You Earn online.
How can you promote your Payroll Giving scheme?
Where can I get further information?
Further information is available on the CAF website. Alternatively contact our Fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7654 7000. Thank you.