The Annual General Meeting was held earlier than normal this year.
This is an evening for parents and supporters to attend and hear about what the unit has achieved over the year. We also have our Unit Management Committee members re-stand for their positions and for any additional people to put themselves forward.
After we had finished it was time for the annual presentations. The Mayor presented the awards to the Cadets for their achievements.
Well done to all of our cadets who got awards at our award ceremony last night. They were as follows:
- Best dressed - Shared between Cdt 1st Gillet and Cdt 1st Peirs (junior)
- Sportsperson - Mr Bond-Vaughan
- Sportsmanship - Mr Bond-Vaughan
- Attendance - Cdt Cassini
- New-comer Of the Year - Cdt Wilson
- Quartermaster of the Year - Cdt 1st Peirs (junior)
- Cook/Steward of the Year - Cdt 1st Peirs (senior)
- Seamanship - Cdt Clarke
- Cadet of the Year - Cdt 1st Peirs (senior)
- Best Division - Defender
We also added a new award this year for the cadet who accrued the most boating hours which went to Cdt 1st Gillet for his whopping effort of 83 hours.