ABERDEEN SEA CADETS
UNIT NOTICE OF MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of Aberdeen Sea Cadet Unit will be held at the TS SCYLLA, POCRA QUAY, ABERDEEN AB11 5DQ at 1930 hrs on Wednesday 27th February 2019 to transact the following business.
1.Apologies for Absence.
2.Opening address or comments by President or Chairman.
3.Minutes of the last AGM for adoption.
4.Matters arising from those Minutes.
5.Unit Chairman’s Report.
6.Commanding Officer’s Report.
7.Treasurer’s Report and adoption of accounts.
8.Election/Re-election of the Unit Management Team (UMT)* (either en bloc or individually, plus new nominations).
9.Any Other Business**.
- Election of the UMT – Individuals who are seeking election to the UMC must have their nomination proposed and seconded.
- Nominations can only be accepted if they are submitted on the official nomination form which can be obtained from Mr Ian Daniel, Pocra Quay, Aberdeen, AB11 5DQ email@example.com.
- Forms will be available from Monday 21st February 2019
- There are criteria laid down in Sea Cadet Regulations (SCR) as to who is eligible to sit on the UMT. Please see SCR or contact Mr Daniel for details.
- Any waiving of these criteria is at the discretion of the Area Business Manager, Mr Stuart Dell.
- Only fully completed forms will be accepted.
- Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
Fully completed nomination forms need to be received by Mr Ian Daniel by the 25th February 2019
All newly elected UMT members will be required to undergo a criminal record disclosure, complete a P1 form – application to join Sea Cadets which includes a Trustee Declaration indicating that they know of no reason why they cannot become a charity trustee, and attend an Adult Induction Course within 9 months of joining
** Note - Any Other Business – Items of Any Other Business will only be considered if they are proposed and seconded in writing to Mr Daniel at least 48 hours before the meeting.