AGM AND 5 YEAR REVIEW - "From the beginning to where we are now"
WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA UNIT 645 SEA CADET UNIT
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA Sea Cadet unit (TS Eliza Adams) will be held at Alderman Peel High School, Market Lane, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR20 5LU at 7 p.m. on Wednesday 28 September 2022 to conduct the following business.
- Apologies for absence
- Opening address or comments by Chairperson
- Minutes of the last AGM for approval
- Matters arising from minutes of the last AGM (date of last AGM)
- Unit Chairperson’s Report
- Officer-in-Charge’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report and adoption of accounts
- Election/Re-election of the Unit Management Team (UMT)* trustees
- Any Other Business**
- Election of the Unit Management Team (UMT) trustees – Individuals who are seeking election to the UMT must have their nomination proposed and seconded.
- Nominations can only be accepted if they are submitted on the official nomination form which can be obtained from Ms Joanne Haws, UMT Secretary via email Joanne.Haws@icloud.com
- Forms will be available from Tuesday 01 September 2022
- The criteria as to who is eligible to sit on the UMT can be found in the unit’s charity constitution (SCSC) Please contact Ms Haws for info.
- Any waiving of these criteria is at the discretion of the Volunteer & Business Support Manager (VBSM).
- Only fully completed forms will be accepted.
- Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
Fully completed nomination forms need to be received by Ms Haws by 12 noon on Friday 17 September 2022
All newly elected UMT trustees will be required to complete a disclosure application, complete a P1 form – application to join Sea Cadets which includes a Trustee Declaration indicating that they know of no reason why they cannot become a charity trustee, complete three online e-learning courses within two months and an Induction Day within 6 months of joining.
** Note: Any Other Business – Items of AOB will only be considered if they are proposed and seconded in writing to Mr/Mrs Bloggs at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Following the Annual General Meeting, Wells Sea Cadets invites you to enjoy a review of our first 5 years - from the start of our trial period to where we are now, followed by refreshments