NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
BIRMINGHAM VERNON SEA CADETS
(BIRMINGHAM VERNON (UNIT 40) OF THE SEA CADET CORPS)
CHARITY REGISTERED IN ENGLAND - NUMBER 522882
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Birmingham Vernon Sea Cadet unit (TS Vernon) of Osler Street, Birmingham B16 9EU will be held virtually on Zoom at 19:30. on Friday 27th November 2020 to conduct the following business.
- Apologies for absence
- Opening address by Chairperson
- Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting (AGM) for approval
- Matters arising from minutes of the last AGM (date of last AGM)
- Unit Chairperson’s Report
- Parent & Supporters Association (P&SA) Chairperson’s Report
- Commanding Officer’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report and adoption of 2019 – 2020 Annual Accounts
- Election/Re-election of the Unit Management Team (UMT)* trustees
- Any Other Business**
- Election of the Unit Management Team (UMT) trustees – Individuals who are seeking election to the UMT must have their nomination proposed and seconded.
- Nominations can only be accepted if they are submitted on the official nomination form.
- The criteria as to who is eligible to sit on the UMT can be found in the unit’s charity constituation Please contact the Unit Chairperson, Jennifer Harrison BEM at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Any waiving of these criteria is at the discretion of the Volunteer & Business Support Manager (VBSM).
- Only fully completed forms will be accepted.
All newly elected UMT trustees will be required to complete a disclosure application, complete a P1 form – application to join Sea Cadets which includes a Trustee Declaration indicating that they know of no reason why they cannot become a charity trustee, complete three online e-learning courses within two months and an Induction Day within 6 months of joining.
** Note: Any Other Business – Items of AOB will only be considered if they are proposed and seconded in writing to the Chairperson at email@example.com at least 7 days before the meeting.