Donate Here


Fancy a challenge overseas? Every year cadets can apply for the opportunity to travel to places like Bermuda, America, Hong Kong and Australia. As part of our International Exchange programme we work with other Sea Cadets all over the world to bring great opportunities to you.

It's a chance to broaden your horizons by seeing life in another country and sharing experiences. There's also the chance to train in Canada for up to 6 weeks or participate in a leadership course in France.

For more information on how you can get overseas with Sea Cadets please contact:

"I loved being winched into the Swedish SAR helicopter, a great reward for being a team player and helping others - thank you!'

- Mickey,Stonehaven Unit, on a trip to Sweden


Cadet Applications

With only limited places available, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to represent your country and Sea Cadets. If you want to know more check out the Overseas page on the Training and Administration website. You must read the application guidance before you apply. Click here for the application guidance and here for the application form. Completed application forms must be sent your Area Operations Manager. 

Other Opportunities

There are plenty of other overseas opportunities you can get involved in, like the International Expeditions and the World Citizen Programme. Opportunities will be advertised on the Sea Cadets Training and Admin website when available - so keep an eye out!

Costs and Bursaries 

The total cost of the programme ranges from £300.00 - £1000.00 (depending on the country) which covers; internal travel, flights, accommodation, food, activities and insurance. 

There may be financial assistance available from Sea Cadets for up to 75% of the cost of the exchange programme. This financial assistance is on a case by case bases and is based on personal circumstances.  

Call us on +44 (0)20 7654 7000 or email for more information

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact
Patron: HM The Queen
A charity registered in England and Wales 313013 and in Scotland SC037808