TS TREMADOC BAY has been in existance since 1943, and has had a very potted history. Formed as Middleton Unit during World War 2 it has paraded in many premises over the years and even changed its name in the 1960s when the unit moved from Middleton to Chadderton. A second major move to Failsworth in the 1970s saw a change in premisis but the Midd&Chad name was retained to keep our links with our previous home towns.
Initially only open to boys, a Girls Contingent was added in the 1980s and fully integrated in 1992. A Junior Section was started in 1997, followed by a Marine Detachment in 2000.
In 1996 the Unit was awarded a £184k National Lottery grant to build a new purpose built building. The UMC on behalf of the Ships Company at the time took out a small business loan to purchase the land. This loan has now been fully paid and the Unit has a secure headquarters on our Oldham Road site.