30 January ~ Annual Awards Night
To celebrate the achievements of the cadets through 2011, District Officer Lt Cdr (SCC) David Mckee attended the unit on Monday 30 January.
After ceremonial colours, Lt Cdr Mckee inspected the ships company, before presenting certificates for some of the recent qualifications gained within the unit.
Voted for by the unit staff, the following annual awards were presented:
- Most promising new comer- MC2 W Candlin
- Best dressed Royal Marine Cadet- Cpl M Kelly
- Best Dressed Sea Cadet- LC R Law
- Best community support and fundraising- LC N Garforth
- Best achievements in afloat training- LC R Price
- Best Achievements in general training- LC J Asif
- Most improved Royal Marine Cadet- LCpl J Gregory
- Most improved Sea Cadet- OC J Lee
- Most improved Junior Cadet- Jr S White
- Best Sea Cadet- LC J Asif
- Best Royal Marine Cadet- LCpl N Murphy
- Overall Best Cadet- LC R Saunders
Another presentation was made to PO D Amos and Sgt J Gallacher for their efforts in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, who have been involved with the scheme for 5 and 10 years respectively.
Well Done to all the cadets that recieved awards.
This was the very last event attended by Lt Cdr Mckee as the District Officer as from 1 Feburary, his role will be filled by Lt Cdr D Brown.