Kettering Sea Cadet Unit opened in April 1942 with and advert being placed in the Evening Telegraph looking to recruit boys to train as part of the War effort.
At this time the Town of Kettering like many other City's and Towns across the country took part in Warship week, raising much needed funds to help build extra Warships. The Town raised a large sum of money and a ship was built and Names Pytchley after the famous Hunt from within the Kettering Borough, The Ship part of the Hunt Class served throughout the War with distinction and in 1950 was laid up and scrapped in Wales.
Kettering Sea Cadets remained known as TS Pytchley until 2010 when the UMC and Commanding Officer approved a change of name and the Unit became affiliated with 800 Naval Air Squadron. The Unit officially stood up as 800 NAS SCC on the 27th January 2010
The Unit maintains its links with the Royal Navy & Fleet Air Arm and Our aim is to inspire young people through nautical adventure and challenge to help give them a head start in life.
Her Majesty the Queen