Current Fundraising Projects:
Each year it costs approximately £10,000 just to open our doors to the youth of Burnham-on-Sea.
This includes the cost of maintaining or refurbishing out unit facilities, nor does it include the cost of buying expensive new equipment such as boats or boating equipment for our young people to use.
Supporting the Cadet Experience
- Bursaries for some of our young to access training activities, such as sailing, windsurfing, mountain biking, UK Camping breaks, International Exchange Programmes (From £20 - £1,500 per child)
Equipment that we need to raise money for over the next 12+18 months include:
- Replacement Mini Bus (prices start from around £10,000)
- Sport and adventure clothing. This will enable our cadets to attend and participate in team events in team colours (Prices start from £1,000)
- Support to introduce a recycling scheme into our organisation through recycle bins to separate our waste.
- Dedicated ICT Equipment to support learning and development amongst our young people and volunteer scheme
Want to make a donation and don't know how?
If you would like to make a donation to the unit towards any of these projects or towards our running costs, please make your cheque payable Burnham-on-sea Sea Cadets and forward to the Treasurer at the unit address.
Please don't forget to let us have a contact address so can keep you updated with how your donation has made a difference.