The Inverness Sea Cadets were founded in 1938, and adopted on the 9th of May, 1942.
First based in Central school, the base soon moved near to where Cromwell's Citadel had been, which gave the unit the name Training Ship or TS Citadel.
In the late 50s BP wanted to expand their small fuel depot in the area and the Cadets were asked to relocate.
They were given buildings and land at Kessock Farm on the Beauly Firth, where they remain today.
After the move the unit changed its name to TS Briton after the training ship that had been moored in Inverness Harbour for some time.